The-Drum "Night Driving"
We don't know for sure if Chicago duo The-Drum's production moniker is a direct reference to The-Dream or not, but we wouldn't be at all surprised if it is. As "Night Driving"—a smooth cut from the pair's Heavy Liquid EP, which dropped today—indicates, these guys use many of the same ideas and techniques as pop genius Terius Nash (slow-grooving rap beats, sensuous atmospheres, infectious melodic hooks, et al), albeit in a much more loose and drifty fashion. Assuming those sorts of things are up your alley, we highly suggest you check out the rest of The-Drum's seven-track record.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player